List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Katabase
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn-gordon () home ! com>
Date:       2001-09-24 16:20:04

Oh come on Thomas.  I've talked about all this stuff repeatedly and usually
at the request of others for me to clarify it.  We still want to have a
free (as in cost) light version of Rekall, but neither one has anything to
do with KOffice as they are Qt based applications.  It's just going to take
us a while to finish the full version and then partition out the lite version.

We've been talking about this license for months and months, and it's the
license that has been in Rekall since the beginning I believe.  I try to
have concise emails and not regurgitate every piece of information every
time I am asked about some peripheral topic.  It's not a matter of
spreading disinformation or self promotion, but simply stating information
that someone may not be aware of.  I didn't promote Rekall at all in my
first response to the topic.

I got reamed by RMS a few months ago and in the process he also proceeded
to say crap about the KDE project in general and because of that and his
attitude I've pretty much sworn off the GPL now.  It's really ridiculous
that as programmers we are all forced to be lawyers perpetually and we talk
about licenses almost as much as we talk about code.