List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Katabase
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-09-24 16:18:45

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 06:07:41PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Shawn, your product Rekall is not for users of KOffice until they buy it from
> you, this means that the original poster is not helped at all with your statement.
>
> To state my meaning with this email; please don't abuse the KOffice list for
> advertising of your products, this only leads to confuse users and developers.
>
> I really dislike the way you don't answer the licencing questions until they
> are asked very specifically, this only adds to the confusion of our users, and
> will not really help them into your direction as well. (can you say disinformation?)
>
> Sorry for the harsh words, but I think this is a known concept for a mailing
> list in the Open Source world. You could have known better.

Thanks, this is exactly what I meant with my question.
Answering "katabase is there" for _users_ who are looking for a database
product is fine (IMHO), but answering that to _developers_ who are looking
for an opensource product to contribute to, is just inadequate.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org