List:       koffice
Subject:    missing KWord functionalities: outline and mailmerge?
From:       wr () ip-web ! de
Date:       2001-09-16 9:33:34

Hello,

I've been a heavy M$Word user in former times, but since I use a Mailer=

with a decent text editor (and since Word 97 which consistently keeps
scrapping large doucumetns), there are only three reasons to revert to
Word:

- Exchanging Documents with other people (I dont ask on this topic here=
,
since I see that this is in progress)
- Preparing larger Documents with the oultine function
- preparing mailings

Does or will KWord (or any other Piece in the KOffice package) include =
mailmerge functionality?

Are there plans to include somthing like M$Words Outline (Is this the r=
ight
word? In German Word, it's "Gliederung") function, where you can easily=

move Chapters and redesign the overall structure of your Text?

Or is there a standalone tool doing that? I usually don't use the outli=
ne
view after entering a large body of text, but I very much like it in th=
initial stage, when I collect my material (often just by cutting and
pasting from my sources) and start to sort it. So I could easily live w=
ith
a solution where I structure my text in a different tool than the one I=
 do
the formatting in.

Of course, I could outline with M$Word, and then import to KWord, but I=

want to get rid of Windows in the long run.

Yours

Wolfgang Rosner
IP-Web GmbH
IT Service & Training