List:       kmdi-devel
Subject:    Re: KMDI is dead! Long live KMDI!
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2006-01-27 9:51:02

Roland Krause said the following, On 2006-01-27 00:27:

> All,
> a little while ago I sent out a RFP to produce a working implementation
> of {Qext,K}MDI as a Qt-only solution. The proposal was geared towards
> my needs in a commercial application but the resulting code is
> obviously still to be opensourced. I have gotten proposals and it's now
> looking like it might actually happen.
>
> Now, I am not interested in basing this library on KDE libs but it
> could still be used as a base for the new KMDI. I think a
> reimplementation of the DockWidget and a significant simplification of
> the library in terms of available MDI modes is the key to make this
> happen.
>
> Any comments or suggestions?

Are you talking about Qt4-compatible library?

There's now http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/qt4-mainwindow.html in Qt4. I am
curious how your solution compares to this one.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki