List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail and QT 3
From:       Marko Samastur <markos () elite ! org>
Date:       2001-08-31 19:03:04

Michael Häckel wrote:

> That happens, because Trolltech decided to change the byte order in
> QString/QChar from big endian to little endian.
> There are basically two solutions:
> - Do byte swapping to remain compatible
> - Write a legacy importing function
>
> I guess, if favour of better performance, we have to choose the second method
> and change the index file format again though.

What happens to non-localy stored mail on IMAP servers? I guess nothing.

Second method won't play nice if you'll want to use new and old Kmail on
same mailboxes. I'll admit right now I have no idea why on earth would
anyone want to do that, it just crossed my mind :)

Regards,

	Marko (who's not completely himself today)