List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    broken inbox
From:       David Bishop <david () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2001-08-31 16:32:24

Package: kmail
Version: 2.2

For unknown reasons (I don't use procmail) my inbox has decided to go
south.  Almost (but not all of) the emails lose their subject/from/to/
date when I click on them (I'm talking about how kmail sees them, they
don't get delected), though if I delect the .inbox.index* files then
restart kmail, it can show me the headers again, until I click on the
message.  When I do click on the broken ones, all the headers in the
list view turn to Unknown or "No Subject".  Any new messages in the
inbox work, but not all of the old ones are borked (one from 6/19 is
fine, some from yesterday are screwed, along with the ones from June).
I have the inbox gzipped and attached, along with my kmailrc.

On a probably related note, Compactable is consistently changed to
False for my inbox, even after changing it manually back to true.

I am running the latest 2.2, compiled by Ivan from CVS on 8/22.  I don't
get any crashes, just broken emails.  As always, if you need more
information, I'll be glad to provide it.  I am CC:ing kmail, as the bug
report system seems to strip out/do weird things with attachments.

D.A.Bishop

["inbox.gz" (application/octet-stream)]
["kmailrc.gz" (application/octet-stream)]