List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: templates for kmail (Bug #1015)
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-08-17 18:01:40

On Friday 17 August 2001 18:58, Florian Weber wrote:

> On the other hand, the template editor has to be a little different:
> Most important: instead of "Send now" and "Queue" buttons and menu entries
> there should be "Save template" - I got the opinion that this is quite hard
> to tweak at runtime (the XML-GUI stuff is in the way).

Why? If you don't create the actions in KMComposeWin::setupActions() they
don't appear.
In the worst case, we need an alternative to kmcomposerui.rc, but I don't
think so.

> Of course I could hack KMComposerWin into sth. resembling a dialog editor,
> but that would be extremely ugly. Just copying it does not work either.
>
> The ideal solution: a common superclass for composer and template editor.
> This change is so big that I would not like to make it without feedback.
> And to be honest, I think I do net yet understand KMail's structure good
> enough to do it on my own.

I really don't think, that this is neccesary.
You just have to disalbe queuing and sending. Possibly also encryption and
signing. Everything else can remain there. Even templates with attachments
could be useful.

Regards,
Michael Häckel