List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC, new features and help...
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-06-30 20:54:37

On Saturday, 30. June 2001 04:48, Eduardo Dominguez wrote:
>   I modified kmail to provide the following features:
>    - Previewing (messages are not marked as read until X seconds have
> passed) - Message sizes in KB/MB not just bytes
>    - FolderView with Unread/Total mails (not just a "(X)" unread messages)
> this is almost done.

They all have to wait of course.

Regarding the KB/MB patch, at least KB and MB should be translatable, people
in france prefer MO instead of MB for example, besides that it looks good.

>   Before I submit a patch, I would like your thoughts on the subject. I
> know kde is in feature freeze. I did this just to learn kde/qt programming
> and if the patch has to wait, its ok for me. One thing I havent been able
> to do, and that is why i need your help, is to make to print the total
> messages as soon as  kmail is opened. By looking at the source, I see that
> unread mails are stored in kmails config file, I just havent found how to
> store total msg info. Total messages are shown correctly only when you

The number of unread messages is currently cached in the config file, that
could also be done with the total number. I currently can't see, why it
should not work, if you simply add a line for that after the line, that saves
the number of unread messages.
There were also plans to put this information in the folder index files, but
that has also not been done yet, AFAIK.

Regards,
Michael Häckel