List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    RFC, new features and help...
From:       Eduardo Dominguez <edmz () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-30 2:48:19

  I modified kmail to provide the following features:
   - Previewing (messages are not marked as read until X seconds have passed)
   - Message sizes in KB/MB not just bytes
   - FolderView with Unread/Total mails (not just a "(X)" unread messages)
this is almost done.
  Before I submit a patch, I would like your thoughts on the subject. I know
kde is in feature freeze. I did this just to learn kde/qt programming and if
the patch has to wait, its ok for me. One thing I havent been able to do,
and that is why i need your help, is to make to print the total messages as
soon as  kmail is opened. By looking at the source, I see that unread mails
are stored in kmails config file, I just havent found how to store total msg
info. Total messages are shown correctly only when you select the folder.
  There is a pic showing these 3 features at:
   http://geocities.com/edmz/snapshot1.png
  take a look at it if you can. If someone can tell me how to align the spin
to the check box, i would appreciate it :)

  Thanks in advance
--
edmz
Every purchase has its price.