List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Open Request to KDE and Gnome for plugin support
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-05-31 20:54:28

On Thursday 31 May 2001 21:26, Waldo Bastian wrote:
<snip>
> E.g. I can imagine a scenario where KMail allows you to specify an
> io-slave other than pop3 or imap. The handling of pop3 and imap in
> kmail is quite different though, so it would be interesting to see
> how you would describe the desired behaviour for a new io-slave.
<snip>

But that has not to be so: I can think of ways that present IMAP, POP
and NNTP folders in much the same way, i.e. you can choose e.g. on a
per-folder basis whether to store the mails on the server, whether to
download them or whether only read messages are stored locally.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>
http://marc.mutz.com/