List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    KMail with Maildir support - Alpha release
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-31 20:15:40

I have just released a (pre)alpha copy of KMail with support for
maildir folders.  You can get it from here:

http://devel-home.kde.org/~granroth/kmail/index.html

At this point, you can use KMail to do everything you'd expect with
both maildir and mbox ("local") mailfolders.  IMAP support is broken
with this release.

This is *ALPHA* quality software so I strongly recommend that you do
not use it with production mail folders.  I haven't lost any mail in
awhile.. but you never know!

I would really like as many people as possible to give it a try,
though.  The more bug reports I get, the faster it can be production
quality.

One caveat: I am going on vacation for a week starting tonight so you
won't get an answer to your bug report emails for at least that amount
of time.  I *will* read and respond to all emails when I get back.

Have fun!
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop