List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail User Interface
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2001-05-31 10:31:54

Marc Mutz wrote:

> + my topfolder (0)
>   + my subfolder (2)
>     + my-longest-folder-name (25)
        + a-very-very-long-and-unreadable-folder-name (48)

> + my topfolder                                       0
>   + my subfolder                                     2
>     + my-longest-folder-name                        25
        + a-very-very-long-and-unreadable-folder-name 48

High Marc,

in which of the two cases can you detect the number of new messages for
the "my subfolder" easier? I'ld prefer the first one.
Well, you can make the first column smaller, but then you have to scroll
for long names. Both solutions have disadvantages, so I think this
discussion is pretty useless.

Let's make a poll on dot.kde.org about how to improve the GUI of KMail.
Then we have some (hopefully) serious wishes and can decide what to
implement. BTW, many people in Germany swear on changing the gears in
the car manually. Why? Because they've never tried a car with automatic.
IMO only if somebody has tried both possibilities, then it's a usefull
voice.
(And yes, I'm using Netscape day by day in the office and there is
almost nothing I would prefer compared to KMail. )

Andreas