List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail and Maildir
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-14 21:59:31

On Monday 14 May 2001 23:12, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Problem is Don and Sam are currently working on changing the mbox
> way from what I've heard quite drastic. I would say create a branch with
> _that_ changes and then apply yours to it.

Yes, I posted a recent version to the list quite recently. Fixed a memory
corruption this weekend and thought it was bug free (well at least no known
bugs) but had a crash today. Will post a new version soon.

>As they worked a lot on speeding
> up things I could imagine they added even more assumptions :)

kmfolder.h look ok (now new public methods) but kmmsgbase.h got some new
methods (that are only used by KMFolder).

+
+  //offset into index file
+  virtual void setIndexOffset(long off) { mIndexOffset = off; }
+  virtual long indexOffset() const { return mIndexOffset; }
+
+  //size in index file
+  virtual void setIndexLength(short len) { mIndexLength = len; }
+  virtual short indexLength() const { return mIndexLength; }

Quite a few people have requested Maildir support. I think it's Michael's
call on how integration would proceed.

Don.