List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Suggestion
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2001-05-08 18:58:10

On Tuesday 08 May 2001 19:05, Benjamin D. Smith wrote:

> KMail tends to get slow when dealing with large numbers of e-mail (more
> than a few thousand) or when the size of e-mails get larger than a
> megabyte or so. (on a 128 MB 450 Mhz system) and I figure this would
> solve that problem, too.

There has been disussion about that, you might want to search
lists.kde.org. It's not *that* difficult to add, on the other hand this
does not solve every problem as you suggest. Also several optimisations
have been added to CVS, which make this less urgent.

Regards
 Daniel

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674