List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Suggestion
From:       "Benjamin D. Smith" <bens () benjamindsmith ! com>
Date:       2001-05-08 17:05:24

Hi!

Using KMail and loving it! (as of KDE 2.1 on RH 6.2)

Wondering, tho - How hard would it be to put an SQL back-end to KMail so that
stuff gets saved to a database (that I can then query) instead of to the
linear text files currently in use?

Does the design of KMail even allow this to be done (without coughing a
kidney or two) ?

KMail tends to get slow when dealing with large numbers of e-mail (more than
a few thousand) or when the size of e-mails get larger than a megabyte or so.
(on a 128 MB 450 Mhz system) and I figure this would solve that problem, too.

How 'bout it?

-Ben
--
"Life is short. Live it!"