List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter question and praise
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-27 14:09:33

On Friday 27 April 2001 15:15, John Aldrich wrote:
> How does one get filters to interact properly? I've got something like 5 or
> 6 email accounts I'm checking in the RH 7.1 version of KMail. I tried
> setting filters so that "any header contains <email address> set identity
> <identity>" and that conflicted with filters to move stuff to different
> folders depending on the subject or from address, etc.

Conflict?

> What happens is if I have the "set identity" filter set to "any header" it
> just dumps all mail into the "inbox." I'd like to have it set the identity
> properly *and* sort the incoming mail...

Set identity doesn't do any moving, you will need an additional rule for
moving the mail. Setting the identity and moving are different tasks.

Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of set identity. Setting the identity
for a message means that when you reply to that message the selected identity
is used.

> I could really use some tips on that.... I asked in the main KDE-USER group
> last night, but didn't receive any response, so I'm bugging you guys in the
> Devel list now. :-)

I haven't forgotten all the help you gave on kde-user :-)

> Oh... by the way...THANKS for fixing that annyong problem in KMail 1.0.2x
> where you couldn't <CTRL>+arrow to the next word, only to the beginning or
> ending of the line... It's a HUGE improvement now in KMail to just be able
> to CTRL+arrow to the next or previous word!
> 	John

BFN,
Don.