List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: sharing the PGP code
From:       Mathias Waack <mathias () atoll-net ! de>
Date:       2001-04-16 9:32:59

Hi Andreas!

On Sunday 15 April 2001 22:07, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> BTW, next Sunday I plan to run my first Marathon

Wish you much fun and success for the run.

> I plan to test GPGME then. It's still alpha, but IMO it would be
> good to have an implementation ASAP to be ready when it's getting
> stable.

I had a look at GPGME some time ago. IIRC there are some problems
accessing PGP keys from within GnuPG, right?

Regarding to the note of Michael: I think this code should go into
kdelibs. So the size and startup time of KMail should'nt augmented.
And from my understanding, GPGME is not a simple frontend to gpg. Its
a library which implements the OpenPG standard using the same code as
gpg. It should work with data of all applications following this
standard. But I don't know how far from the standard is PGP
currently. Andreas please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Mathias