List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Contextualized RMB for Folder Pane
From:       Seth Chaiklin <seth () psy ! au ! dk>
Date:       2001-03-23 11:17:24

On Friday 23 March 2001 11:02, Michael Häckel wrote:

Thanks (once again), for explaining in detail how to use a connect and emit.
I figured that was what I needed to do, but was uncertain about the details.

> > 2. wish #2990 wanted to allow the  RMB on the root folder.  Is that still
> > an acceptable idea?  I looked a little, but did not see where to make the
> > change.
>
> Well, why not, but it will then only have a single item: Create child
> folder.

That is true.  But I think that some people think that they need to create
folders at the Top Level by using that item.

Meanwhile...I had trouble finding where it appears in kmfoldertree.
Do you happen to know right off?

> > 3. wish #7622 wanted the right-click in the folder pane to not open the
> > folder (because it took 30-45 seconds to thread 6000+ messages).
>
> That has become much faster, however it could be still improved.
> I think before we do such hacks we better improve the performance of folder
> switching.

So maybe this item should be closed?

> The normal behavior of a QListView is to select the item even
> with a right click.

Right.  This is what some people have complained about this.  They want the
right click to "not" open the "folder".

> In general this patch looks good, however it does no longer apply on CVS,
> since I recently changed some things for IMAP folders. You might want to
> post an update.

Uff....I was afraid of that.....I have been having problems compiling the
latest CVS with the imap changes, because it also requires some kdelib
changes.  (I have been "cheating" by using an older version of
kmiacctmap.cpp and commenting out some parts other modules that need
functions from the new kmacctimap.cpp )

Anyway....I'll work on it...and should be able to get something in a few days.

--
seth@psy.au.dk
seth@schutz.psy.au.dk