List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for Right Mouse popup in Message and Headers Window
From:       Seth Chaiklin <seth () psy ! au ! dk>
Date:       2001-03-23 10:51:44

On Friday 23 March 2001 10:52, Michael Häckel wrote:
> > 2. I added "Send Queued" to RMB for  the outbox
>
> I think, that is not good, because this action belongs to the outbox folder
> and not to the messages in it.

I agree with you (almost). (-:

1.  There is no "send queued" mail on the toolbar (because there is no icon
for it yet.).  So either a person has to know to bind a key to "Send Queued"
or use the Menubar.  If the function is only on the Outbox folder, then it
will often mean having to move the mouse a long distance to the folder.
But with this method, it is very easy to send queued mail.

2.  I can understand your point  that it is not a single message that is
queued.  And I think this creates some confusion for people (as seen by
recent discussions here.)   Some mail applications (e.g., Pegasus), allow one
to queue messages, and then selectively send some of them off.   They get
surprised with Kmail, because it is possible to select a single message in
the outbox, but all of them get sent with "Send Queued" is used.

(Maybe it would be better to call the function "Send All Queued" )

I realize that the RMB also gives that impression that it is possible to send
a single message.  And that is a problem.

But maybe someone knows how to support selective queuing of messages, and
then it would be meaningful again.  (-:

(BTW, I have a direct connection, so I don't usually use "Send Queued", so I
will leave these problems to someone else. (-: )

--
seth@psy.au.dk
seth@schutz.psy.au.dk