List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for Right Mouse popup in Message and Headers Window
From:       seth () psy ! au ! dk
Date:       2001-03-19 0:46:21

On 18 Mar 01, at 9:44, Michael H=E4ckel wrote:

> On Sunday, 18. March 2001 01:25, Seth Chaiklin wrote:
> > Is there a FAQ or "guidelines" or something for Kmail Developers?
>
> There is the styleguide on http://developer.kde.org/

Thanks very much for the tip.  This has been very helpful reading for me.

> On Saturday, 17. March 2001 23:05, Seth Chaiklin wrote:

> > 3.  I also succeeded in making the "Edit" item be contextual.  That is=
,
> > with the RMB, it only appears in the menu IF it is a draft or outbox
> > message.
>
> Well, but I think is should be grayed out and not hidden.

After reading in the style standards, then I can see that this is right fo=
r the
Menubar  (and thanks for the suggestion about how to do it! I will try tha=
t).

But I think it would be better to use the contextual approach for the RMB.

At:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/mouse/index.htm=

It says:
   The RMB-menu contains the most important actions available for the
marked object(s).
That suggests to me that it would be better to only show those actions tha=
are relevant for the object that gets a RM-click.  It is not a matter of h=
iding,
but of only showing what is relevant for a clicked-on object.  Or have I
misunderstood the standard?

> Besides that, the patch looks good now. In any case, please send me a
> complete patch.

Yes, I will do that (in a few days).

Meanwhile, I posted another message in this thread that suggested that it
would be better to make contextualized RMB for the draft and outbox folder=
s.  If
I can get this question clarified, then I will include all those things in=
 this one
patch.  Ok?

--
seth@psy.au.dk