List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for Right Mouse popup in Message and Headers Window
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-03-18 8:44:49

On Saturday, 17. March 2001 23:05, Seth Chaiklin wrote:

> The main points are:
>
> 1.  Make the RMB be identical for both the Message and Headers windows.
>
> 2.  I must admit that I do print out email regularly, and therefore I have
> accepted the kind offer to leave the Print in as a possibility.
>
> 3.  I also succeeded in making the "Edit" item be contextual.  That is,
> with the RMB, it only appears in the menu IF it is a draft or outbox
> message.

Well, but I think is should be grayed out and not hidden.

> But I still do not understand how to make it contextual in the Menubar (is
> it impossible because it is composed by kmainwin.rc?),  otherwise, it would
> be possible to remove the error message in  KMMainWin::slotEditMsg()

You can use KAction::setEnabled(bool), then the action is grayed out in all
menues it is plugged in. That could be done at the place where the folder is
switched, for example KMHeaders::setFolder().

Besides that, the patch looks good now. In any case, please send me a
complete patch.

Regards,
Michael Häckel