List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fcc folder and trash cleaning (Re: feature freeze or not ?)
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2001-01-31 6:07:25

On Tuesday 30 January 2001 19:13, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 January 2001 17:24, Philippe Fremy wrote:
> > > First remark: bad grammar :-)
> > > I'm not a native English speaker, but I think "Remove old messages
> > > from trash on exit. Limit: xxx" would be better.
> >
> > I find this sentence not clear enough. What is the limit for ? I'm okay
> > for a new sentence, but it should be clear.

What about asking Don? He should really know a good English expression. ;-)

> About the fcc folder patch:
> - If I select View->All Fields in the composer, then the fcc field is not
>   displayed although it is also a field.
> - It doesn't work well with queuing. When queuing several messages and
> then sending the queue, only the last message goes where it should. The
> others go to sent-mail. The information should be better stored in a
> X-KMail-Fcc header that is again removed before sending.
> - Maybe a sticky checkbox would be nice, like for the Mail Transport and
> the identity? Well I currently don't fully understand the purpose of this
> feature. The current effort of setting the fcc folder is at least the
> same if not more effort, as sorting the mails in the sent-mail folder
> later.

I'll definitely test (and use) the trash cleaning patch only (I hope I'll
find some time tonight, I'll have to stay long at the office). I think,
many people will be interested in this function.

About the fcc folder patch I tend to think like Michael. Having a sticky
entry, then all messages go into the same folder. In fact, there is no big
difference to using sent-mail folder. OTOH changing the folder for each
mail manually is not what I intend to use.
The best approach would be to have filter rules applying automaticly for
this too. But I think, I can have filters already now and apply them
manually my sent messages.

Regards,
Andreas