List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail Filter Idea
From:       Jason Stephenson <panda () mis ! net>
Date:       2000-12-29 14:39:05

Here's what I'm planning:

Stealing the filter language from Exim. That will handle 99% of all filters
anyone would want to write. Exim has the capability of embedding Perl when
you compile it, so I'll probably bring that code over too, so that Perl may
be used to extend the filters. Since there are other languages that could be
embedded, I'll also try to work out code to add Python, Pike, and Guile as
well.

I intend to do the embedded language code as a KPart, so it is reuseable.

I have some ideas for embedding editors, too.