List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail Filter Idea
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2000-12-28 17:07:12

On Thursday 28 December 2000 17:48, Dr. Sergio Mujica wrote:
> Is there a way to allow the user to choose a language, perharps at build
> time? I would much rather have embedded guile than perl.  It so much
> morepleasant to write scheme that to write perl.

I'm already cringing at the idea of a full kmail rewrite (isn't that a bit
overkill ?), but a dynamically loadable filter language... Come on, really.

I'd wage that less than 10% of the people currently using kmail are reaching
the limits of the current filtering facilities. An embedded
language will be used by 0.1%.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org