List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    KMail Filter Idea
From:       Jason Stephenson <panda () mis ! net>
Date:       2000-12-28 15:16:45

Here's a thought for a rewrite of KMail:

I really like the filter language in the Exim MTA, so I'm going to strip the
filter code, along with the code that allows one to embed perl into the
filter language, from the exim source and juice it up to turn it into a
library. (I'll check the exim license, but I'm fairly certain that I'm
allowed to do this.)

I'll then figure out a way to incorporate this code into KMail, so an
advanced user can write some really rocking filters.

Next step is to come up with a really simple GUI interface to the powerful,
new filter language that KMail will have.

Look for these changes as a patch sometime in April or May.

Cheers,
Jason