List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: filters
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-30 16:58:58

On Sunday 29 October 2000 23:39, Christopher Molnar wrote:
> On Sunday 29 October 2000 17:35, Don Sanders wrote:
> > > It's just really strange.  It gets even stranger. For some reason if I
> > > get the message in the inbox with a CTRL-J the filter works, it just
> > > doesn't work as the message is recieved.
> >
> > I think someone else reported a similar problem once, but it went away
> > and they couldn't reproduce it anymore. I wonder have you tried exiting
> > KMail and starting it again?
>
> Yes. It has been going on for about 1 1/2 weeks. Sorry I didn't report
> earlier, but as you can guess I've sort of been busy with our latest
> release. This is happening on my laptop and I am in and out of kmail a lot.

Did you compile from source?  You'll have to compile from source in order to
debug the problem. Uncomment the kdDebug statement in KMFilterMgr::process in
kmfiltermgr.cpp. Run KMail from a Konsole and receive just one problematic
message that isn't filtered right (maybe you can create a new local account
and copy a message into the file that local account refers to). Then please
send the debugging output KMail shows on the console.

BFN,
Don.