List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: great work, guys, marvelous!! but... BCC!!
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-28 9:58:32

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Alfred F.Unterberger wrote:
> hi to the dream Kmail team!
>
> I'm using the current release of kmail version 1.1.94 and what a good job!!
> Keep it up the work, congratulation!

Thank you.

> One thing I'd like to remark though.
> Whether I didn't see it or what but where is the BCC: field in the newmail
> editor??!! If its not there so far It would be great to implement it for
> the final KDE2 version of Kmail.

Composer view->bcc

> Another thing is navigating with the cursors up and down the mail listing
> and the folder listing, which is not possible as yet.

Try cntrl-up, cntrl-down, cntrl-pgup, cntrl-pgdown, cntrl-home, cntrl-end,
tab to folder tree and try same things and also use space to select.

> Also great would be a possibility to get e-mail addresses of senders in the
> inbox directly to the chosen addressbook via context menu for instance.

Right click on the person's name in the readerwindow eg on alf@tirol.com
below:
From: Alfred F.Unterberger <alf@tirol.com>

and choose "add to address book". Try some of the other addressbooks like
abbrowser and kab. (Configuration->appearance->addressbook)

> Please tell me whether there is a better place to make some input for
> improvement concerning kmail and KDE apps in general.

Well to the code itself, and sending in patches is the preferred way. Adding
the email addresses of all people mail is sent to automatically to the
addressbook would be nice feature, maybe you can work on that.

BFN,
Don.