List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Double-loading of mesages from server
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-31 13:26:23

Use an advanced pop account, uncheck "retrieve all mail from server".

If a download is aborted old mail will not be retrieved again (based on seen
UIDs).

Should be made the default once it is better tested.

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> Package: kmail
> Version: 1.93 (0828mdk)
> Severity: Grave
>
> KMail: 1.1.90
>
> I was thinking that upgrading to Beta 4 (I have 0828mdk - 2 dyas old from
> current) from Beta 3 will fix this problem, but it was not fixed.
>
> Sometimes it happens, sometimes - not.
> Today I downloaded 330 messages, hanged up, wrote several answers and
> dialed again. After sending mail, I checked mail - and it started
> downloading 350 messages! Again thiose 330 + 20 new.
> Is there some way to stop it? And fix for the future?
> Previously, it was happening when modem hangs up during download. Now case
> was different - download (first time) was ok. Second time, I had "to hang
> up"
>
> It was proposed some time ago by - if thre are duplicates in incoming mail,
> do not download them/delete from server. It is very simple solution, and if
> it is not ok for everyone, can be selected as option in menu.

No that wouldn't work at all, it would be horribly complicated to try and do
it that way. Recieved mail could be filtered into any mail box, and there is
no unique message id for mails (you can use message-id but this can be
duplicated so we need to avoid using this whenever possible).

BFN,
Don.