List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Double-loading of mesages from server
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2000-08-31 13:09:48

Package: kmail
Version: 1.93 (0828mdk)
Severity: Grave

KMail: 1.1.90

I was thinking that upgrading to Beta 4 (I have 0828mdk - 2 dyas old from
current) from Beta 3 will fix this problem, but it was not fixed.

Sometimes it happens, sometimes - not.
Today I downloaded 330 messages, hanged up, wrote several answers and dialed
again. After sending mail, I checked mail - and it started downloading 350
messages! Again thiose 330 + 20 new.
Is there some way to stop it? And fix for the future?
Previously, it was happening when modem hangs up during download. Now case
was different - download (first time) was ok. Second time, I had "to hang up"

It was proposed some time ago by - if thre are duplicates in incoming mail,
do not download them/delete from server. It is very simple solution, and if
it is not ok for everyone, can be selected as option in menu.

Regards,

Vadim