List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: More QStrList issues
From:       Jacek Stolarczyk <jacek () mer ! chemia ! polsl ! gliwice ! pl>
Date:       2000-06-30 10:16:41

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
[...]
> > > I didn't know QStrList uses char* internally, I'll remember that.
> >
> > Actually there's a different problem, too: It's not very sensible to
> > save i18n() strings in the configuration. These settings will get lost
> > if the user changes language. I think this is done in the filter dialog,
> > for example.
>
> Are you sure?
>
> I have no other language than English here, so I cannot check
> easily.
>
> The issue I know of is that the filter dialog works with i18n
> strings, but AFAIK things are translated back for the worker
> classes.

Yes, you're right. Filters use KMFilterActionDict (consisting of
KMFilterActionDesc objects) to hold filter actions. KMFilter::writeConfig
stores "name" field of these objects (which is the English name of the
action) as opposed to "label" field (i18n()'ed) which is not stored and is
obtained on startup using i18n() function.

Regards,

Jacek Stolarczyk
--
jstolarz@kde.org
Coordinator of Polish translations of KDE