List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: The future of mimelib
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-20 18:43:31

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Marco Zühlke wrote:
> Hello !!
>
> First a big thank to this wonderful piece of
> software (kmail).

Thanks :-)

> I know ( from a university project) the javamail API very well
> and think that it implements all the required thing to handle email.
> (Messages, Parts, Stores (POP,IMAP,NNTP), Folders ....)
> The API is very small and easy to understand (IMO). So I'll try to
> implement the same API in C++ so that kmail could use it.

I'm not very active with kmail development myself but in my opinion we could
use a replacement for mimelib especially the "Messages" and "Parts" part.
POP/IMAP/NNTP is (going to be) handled via io-slaves.

I don't know if there already is such code at the the other end of KDE though.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Make way, KDE/Linux is coming to a desktop near you!