List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Another crash
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-05-31 22:35:38

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wed, 31 May 2000, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 May 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> > > KMail crashed on me again tonight (no obvious reason why, happened when
> > > changing folder after retrieving a new message), something/somewhere
> > > (not necessarily KMail) has definitely been changed for the worse
> > > recently.
> >
> >    I haven't noticed this at all myself, but I haven't really used the
> > new one in a couple of days due to working on the SMTP ioslave.  I'll
> > update tonight and try to get stack traces.
>
> Here, Kmail ocassionaly crashes on an abort somewhere in khtml.

Right that makes sense, it does make it hard to debug KMail as I'm left
wondering if it is a bug in KMail or the libs. (Normally I don't have
debugging symbols on as it slows me down too much, but I guess I have to turn
them on now).

It does seem to have got a lot worse due to some change made in between
approximately may 15 and may 23. I've had it happen a few times now after
retrieving a new mail with the advanced pop account and then changing a
folder.

Guess I'll update my libs and see if that helps, here's hoping.

BFN,
Don.