List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: special messages let kmail die
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2000-05-31 7:28:54

Stefan Taferner schrieb:

> On Wed, 31 May 2000, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry I just forgot to write this informations into my first mail.
> > I use KMail 1.0.29.1 and pgp 2.6.3i, just now I updated to pgp6.5.1, still
> > the mail is dying.
>
> There was a problem when the LANG variable was set.
> Then KMail did not understand what PGP said (as it expected English
> messages ;-)
>
> I am not sure if this is related and if the problem still exists.

The language is a problem, since the kpgpbase routines base on parsing
the PGP output. It's a pity, that it's impossible to rely only on error
codes. Maybe we will have to put a "LANG=..." in front of each PGP
command given by KMail. =:-|

But I think, Hartmut actually has another problem. KMail 1.0.29 doesn't
have PGP 6.x support (except when he applied the patches which I had
posted to this list some weeks ago). The handling of decryption and
public key searching is different against PGP 2.x, so one really can't
use PGP 6.x without this patch.

Hartmut, you can get this patch from the list archive, but you'll have
to compile your own KMail. Don't know, if you want to do so. ;-)
KDE 2 (beta) also should work for you. KMail 1.1.x has many new features
and does support PGP 2/5/6 plus GPG.

Andreas

> > Yes, I just tested pgp again, and it worked in the comand line clean and
> > smooth. Its realy strange ..
> >
> > I removed all "PGP"  texts from the affected mails and now I am able to
> > open them without a broken signal.
> > Does KMail expect something, for example where pgp is stored? which I need
> > to take into respect?
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> > Hartmut
> >
> > Btw: Are you from Germany? your names sounds like this.

I (Andreas) am.

> > at Die, 30 Mai 2000 you wrote:
> > > No problem with KMail 1.0.28 or KMail 1.1.48 together with PGP 6.5.1
> > > on my system. I clicked onto the icon for the attachment, after one
> > > second I could read it in a separate window enveloped by the
> > > bold "signed message" lines and telling me about an (of course)
> > > unknown signature.
> > >
> > > No strange behaviour at all for me. BTW: What versions of KMail and
> > > PGP do you use? Do you use PGP for other tasks with or without KMail?
> > > I know, annoying questions. But I can't help without some more
> > > information.
> > >
> > > Andreas
> > >
> > > Am Mon, 29 Mai 2000 schrieb Stefan Taferner:

OTTO Software Partner GmbH, Freiberger Str. 35, 01067 Dresden
Andreas Gungl
Tel. 0351-49723-63  -  Fax: 0351-49723-19
e-mail: Andreas.Gungl@osp-dd.de