List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: SSL - success
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-05-24 5:07:44

On Wed, 24 May 2000, George Staikos wrote:
> I have SSL based POP3 working now.  Tomorrow I will try to rework the IOSlave
> to be spop3:// and get it integrated into the kio tree.  Then I'll have to
> implement some config options to use it instead of regular pop3.  I have not
> done certificate verification.  At the moment I don't even know how, although
> I'm sure there's an example somewhere.
>
> Is anyone working on making SMTP an IOSlave?  This would really help with
> getting ssmtp working next.  I'm pretty confident I can get this working
> fairly quickly too.

(Currently I am working on the address book and won't be making any commits
other than bugs fixes in the near future)

It would be awesome if you can get an smtp kioslave working!!! That's one of the
big 3 things left on my TODO list (IMAP, SMTP, Address book).

> If anyone wants to help test the spop3 code, I can give instructions on how
> to setup an SSL based POP3 server.  it's rather simple actually.  I'd
> particularily like to see if SSL APOP works (I know it's redundant, but it
> should still work).

I'm willing to test it (maybe not properly until this weekend, my
kdelibs/kdebase is quite outdated now and I have to update and recompile). But
I'm ignorant about SSL, how do I know if it should work here?

BTW you might like to subscribe to kde-core and post a message that you have
written a SSL POP3 ioslave and would like to check it into kdebase. Or I can do
that for you (whatever you like whenever you're ready).

BFN,
Don.