List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    SSL - success
From:       George Staikos <staikos () 0wned ! org>
Date:       2000-05-24 4:50:29

I have SSL based POP3 working now.  Tomorrow I will try to rework the IOSlave
to be spop3:// and get it integrated into the kio tree.  Then I'll have to
implement some config options to use it instead of regular pop3.  I have not
done certificate verification.  At the moment I don't even know how, although
I'm sure there's an example somewhere.

Is anyone working on making SMTP an IOSlave?  This would really help with
getting ssmtp working next.  I'm pretty confident I can get this working
fairly quickly too.

If anyone wants to help test the spop3 code, I can give instructions on how
to setup an SSL based POP3 server.  it's rather simple actually.  I'd
particularily like to see if SSL APOP works (I know it's redundant, but it
should still work).

--

George Staikos