List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: 4/22 cvsup compiles but crashes
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-23 12:24:34

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, dep wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, dep wrote:
> | okay. i've actually reverted to my most recent working kde2, which
> | is, i think -- let me check -- yeah, april 16. and i've copied it,
> | so i have one to play with. do you think that this is likely to do?
> | (my chief reason for upgrading this time round has been to see new
> | stuff in kmail and koffice; in that there's a "soft freeze,"
> | whatever that means, on the libs, i presume the api hasn't
> | changed).
> |
> | i'll drop carrier now and give it a try.
>
> just did. kmail compiles just fine, but the result is the same when
> compiled against the kdelibs of a week ago, alas.

What exactly did you update?

I'm trying to update everything myself in an attempt to reproduce the
problem. Well everything is kdesupport, and kdelibs. I figure qt-copy should
be stable.

Does kmail start up if you mv your kmailrc file out of the way?

Are you sure kdeinit is running? You have to start it manually with
"kdeinit +kded"
if you are running HEAD branch apps under KDE 1.1.2

kdelibs is still compiling, I guess it's about half way I don't know whether
all the required bits of it I need will compile or not.

BFN,
Don.