List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: 4/22 cvsup compiles but crashes
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-23 0:28:54

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, dep wrote:

> > That's gives me something I can post to core asking for it to be fixed.
>
> okay; there it is.

Okay, thanks. As far as backtraces go that looks like a pretty crappy one. I
mean I doubt there's a bug in the constructor of QString which means the bug
is elsewhere in some other place we don't know about, which is a bummer.

I'm really going to have to cvs update myself and see if I can reproduce the
problem hopefully I can.

Unfortunately I want to do some development rather than debug problems in the
libs. I spent a couple days of this easter already working around bugs in the
libs or working out how to reproduce them and I want to get some development
on new features done today.

It would really suck if after 6 solid days work all I've achieved is to stop
KMail from going backwards.

So I probably won't update until tomorrow or later today. You could read the
man page for cvs and update to a previous version of kdelibs (like 5 days
ago).

> > Unfortunately the libraries have been fairly unstable over the last
> > couple of weeks, apart from that all I can suggest is try to update and
> > try again.

> did; no joy. is this certainly a libraries issue? i ask because it's
> relatively easier to update the libs alone than the whole show.

Not certainly, maybe 95% probability that it's in kdelibs, (this is written
on the assumption that qt-copy is stable now, most of the KMail instability
problems have historically been due to bugs/changes-in-behaviour of qt rather
than kdelibs).

BFN,
Don.