List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch: folder with unread messages bold
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-22 23:27:12

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Daniel Naber wrote:

> > Hi,
>
> with this little patch folders containing unread messages are shown in a
> bold font. Don, would you apply this if nobody objects?
>
> (BTW, I will continue to send my patches to the list because I don't have
> an CVS account and because I think it's important that even simple patches
> are checked since we are approaching "beta" - kind of).
>
> I hope nobody will suggest to make this optional... I like this because
> Netscape does this and it's really easier to scan for unread messages than
> with just those numbers behind the folder names.
>
> Something different: Do I need kdebase to make help work in kmail?
> Currently clicking on Help doesn't do anything.

I seem to vaguely recall that you do need kdebase installed for Help to do
anything. But for many months even with kdebase installed clicking on Help in
any app crashed my X server so I don't tend to choose that menu very often.

You also need kdebase for background mail checking to work. (at least
kdebase/kioslave/pop3)

I will commit the patch, and give it a fair try to decide whether I like it
or not.

Actually just too see what people thought I turned off underlining links in
the reader window a few weeks ago. If people prefer underlining speak up and
I'll turn it back on.

BFN,
Don.