List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail: Colored quoted text feature added
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-04-19 10:48:22

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Oh, that's a good point.
> > >
> > > On the spur of the moment I say ditch support for italicized quoting,
> > > the colorized stuff looks heaps better anyway.
> >
> > Snief... I like the italic font  :~|       .... never mind ;-)
> >
> > Btw, if somebody does not enable colorized fonts the old style should IMO
> > still be available.
>
> Well since you like the italic font capability that's reason enough to keep
> supporting it I think.

No no, I don't want to be the sole reason :-)
If there are good arguments for dropping italic then drop it!

> > > But then there would still be 6 fonts that could be customized? Really
> > > even the previous three seems too many to me, and I probably should
> > > have just used 2, one for message headers and folders and one for the
> > > readerwindow and composing text.
> >
> > IMO it would be sufficient to differ between normal and quoted text only.
> > And here it would be IMO sufficient to be able to select font attributes
> > only.
> >
> > Ok, only my opinion. :-)
>
> Hmm, I think I see. I would still want to be able to select a different
> font face for messages headers/folder list and the readerwindow (say a
> fixed width font for the readerwindow and a nicer looking font elsewhere so
> that ASCII art looks right).
>
> Unfortunately if italicised replies are to be supported and optional then I
> can't see anyway of making a nice UI to support that.

Hmm... (testing settings dialog) ... actually, as we already have the font
selection in the settings: just leave it in there.

I thought that not making all the different font selections would save time,
but as we have it already we should keep it.... or do I miss the point here?

--Stefan (a bit confused ;-)