List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail bugs/question
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-04-16 0:28:40

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
(...)
>Also, why doesn't a du on my ~/Mail directory work?  It never has worked, and
>changing the file permissions doesn't make a difference.  It doesn't make a
>difference if I'm root or a user.  Why is this?
>
>Echelon-Pro:~$ du Mail
>25336   Mail
>Echelon-Pro:~$ cd Mail
>Echelon-Pro:~/Mail$ du
>25336   .
>Echelon-Pro:~/Mail$ ls -l KDE\ CVS
>-rw-------   1 rivyn    users     5990868 Apr 16 17:41 KDE\ CVS
>
>There are also about 40 more mail folders, so I know the total size sure as
>hell isn't 25336 bytes.  Is there anything I'm not understanding?

sven@beta:~/Mail > du
19438   .
sven@beta:~/Mail > du -h
19M
sven@beta:~/Mail > du --help
Usage: du [OPTION]... [FILE]...
Summarize disk usage of each FILE, recursively for directories.
(...)
  -h, --human-readable  print sizes in human readable format (e.g., 1K)

--
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org