List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail 1.0.29.1 (and 1.0.28) crashes on this mailfolder
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-03-29 12:37:35

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Hartmut Meyer wrote:
(...)
>Could you point out to me how I can trace that problem any better? Any other
>suggestions appart from the "compact all folders on exit" thing? Maybe you
>want to recommend some start-up reading for debugging a KDE-app?

Well general procedure is this:
  Open kmail in debugger, typing "gdb kmail". Type "r" to start it. When it
  crashes, type "bt" to see backtrace.

For this to work, you should have kmail, kdelibs and qt compilled with debug
options on. Without all or some of them having debug info, backtrace won´t show
much info.

I am not gdb expert, but it helps to see where it crashed.
 --
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org