List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    TODO List - 28-Mar-2000
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-28 11:00:07

------------
New Bugs:
------------

For a while there was some icon weirdness, and the toolbar in the composer
window wasn't appearing. This has been fixed, but to get my toolbar back I
had to edit my kmailrc file, and change the [Composer] section by specifying
show-toolbar=true

Status bars are weird sizes. Looks like the status bars are being sized to
fit the text/widgets they contain rather than being a consistent size.

I just noticed that when replying to mail 's are getting changed into ´s.

------------
Fixed Bugs:
------------

> Certain folders are compacting when it is not necessary (see below)

Ok, I committed a patch for this, but I'm definitely considering reverting it
after Stefan explained the situation.

> KMMsgBase skipkeyword algorithm is screwed just skips stuff in front of
> ':'. Should skip ( "Fwd: ", "Re: ", "FWD: ", "RE: " )+

So it turns out that my plan to improve this was flawed, and in fact I can
think of no way to improve on Stefan original algorithm.

-------------------
Outstanding bugs
-------------------

> Spell checking, afterwards document is readonly!

Going to talk to Waldo about this I think (once he gets back).

> Send mail dialog shows overlapping text sometimes.

I kind of know why this is happening

> Various html widget bugs

I've sent some mails to Lars about this. Thankfully he's the kind of person
who didn't take offense or ignore me and instead fixed a lot of the problems
promptly.

>  Custom fonts don't work.
Fixed!

>  Custom font sizes don't work.
Fixed!

>  Custom link/followed link colors don't work.
Not quite fixed, but getting close.

>  Selection is broken.
Not quite fixed, but getting close. I actually have this working here but
there is a conflict with setting the background color and the highlighted
text being highlighted.

>  Printing doesn't work (never really did work well).
>  Images don't work(new)
I mean remote images in html specified using img tags don't work, actually I
kind of like it this way.

>  Is flickering when rendering a new page (new)
Am I imagining this? Has anyone else noticed the html widget flickering when
the current mail is changed? I mean has it recently got workse?

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Sven Radej wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> > >On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> >
> > (...)

> > >And currently the html widget is pretty slow.
> > >But hopefully things will change.
> >
> > I´m sure that it will. Or, we might consider using K/QTextView for normal
> > (ascii) mails and load KHTML on  demand for HTML mail.  If you take a
> > look at qt/examples/helpviewer/helpviewer, you´ll see that K/QtextView
> > has almost everything we need for normal mails.
>
> Would be a good option.
>
> However, this means duplication of some code, so we definitely should
> make three classes then: a common kmreaderwin, kmreaderwinhtml,
> kmreaderwintextview  -- shorter names of course ;-)

Lars is working on this stuff which is great. Hopefully it's all going to
work out ok.

BFN,
Don.