List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: TODO List - 25-Mar-2000
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-03-27 9:13:29

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
[... fixed bugs ...]

Great work so far people!

> -----------------
> Remaining bugs
> -----------------
>
> Certain folders are compacting when it is not necessary (see below)
> Send mail dialog shows overlapping text sometimes.
> KMMsgBase skipkeyword algorithm is screwed just skips stuff in front of
>  ':'. Should skip ( "Fwd: ", "Re: ", "FWD: ", "RE: " )+

Was designed to skip any 2-4 letters followed by a ':'
This is maximum flexibility, as keywords in other languages are different
but should be handled properly too.
Is this currently broken ?

> Spell checking, afterwards document is readonly!
> Various html widget bugs
>   Custom fonts don't work.

We should add code that allows to disable font sizes in html mails.
I sometimes get html mails with unreadable tiny font settings.
A possible (and maybe even better) option would be to make
a html on/off toggle for these multipart/alternative mails.

>   Custom font sizes don't work.
>   Custom link/followed link colors don't work.
>   Selection is broken.

Html widget bugs I think.

>   Printing doesn't work (never really did work well).
>   Images don't work(new)
>   Is flickering when rendering a new page (new)

And currently the html widget is pretty slow.
But hopefully things will change.

> ---------
> Features
> ---------

When I find some time I will change the structure of
KMFolderManager / KMFolder interaction such that IMAP and co
are more easily integrateable. But there will be a warning mail
from me before I start ;-)

Kind regards,
Stefan