List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple Identities (was Re: New config dialog)
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-03-22 8:57:41

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:

>> > This might be a bit tricky.
>> >
>> > I think it would be easier to have some extra header field inserted by
>> > kmail, e.g. "X-KMail-Identity" that sets the default identity for
>> > replies.
>>
>> Hmm, you're right. Adding an extra filter rule to do this wouldn't be hard.
>> I know that code.
>>
>> Ok, I'm convinced. If Espen sets up the new config dialog to allow multiple
>> identities. Then I'll right the rest of the code, however I want to keep
>> things simple.
>
>:-))

Well, the GUI is in place (and in cvs). I made my own list object to store
the data internally in the dialog. When the dialog is opened I load the
data of KMIdentity into the first entry of the list, but saving will be
difficult since I can only store one identity. If someone that knows how things
work a little bit better than me can make the KMIdentity into a class that
supports more than one identity I would be happy. If so, please have a look
at  configuredialog.h because the KMIdentity needs some more members
to manage the "inline signature" option.

I have started to redesign the "Account Settings" dialogs as well. I will
add a combo in these boxes where the user can select the identity that
should be associated with the account.

An yes: In the "Add indentity" box I included an option to copy the settings
of the global e-mail form in "Control Center", but it does not copy anything
yet becasue I have had no time to figure how to get the data from that form.

--
Espen Sand