List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: New config dialog
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-17 8:51:35

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> >The new config dialog looks good. Espen thanks for fixing up kmheaders.h and
> >for checking in the new config dialog in such away that nothing else was broken.
> >
> Doesn't everybody do it like that? :)
>

> >One thing that bears thinking about is the fact that users will be required to
> >click twice to access some tabs whereas before they only had to click once. I
> >guess the common options should be easily accessible (long folder list for
> >instance).
>
> Well perhaps. I want to keep the dialog as small as possible (this issue should
> never be forgotten). Besides, the dialog will almost never be used
> or at least seldom so I don't an extra click is that important here.
>
> Anyway, we can/should rearrange the tabs so that the most frequently used are
> the  first on each page.

Yes exactly speed isn't important, just the popular options should be easy to
find for KMail newbies. Actually I'm thinking long folder list should be on by
default (didn't someone else say that?) so perhaps there wouldn't be a problem
in that case.

Hmm, that make me wonder does anyone use short folder list? Speak now or
forever hold your peace :-)

BFN,
Don.