List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KMail
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       2000-03-12 13:26:39

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
>On Sun, 05 Mar 2000, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>> On Sat, 04 Mar 2000, you wrote:
>> >I used Outlook Express (4) for a while and it's poor keyboard handling
>> > (due to its use of active panes) drove me nuts.
>>
>> Well, I like focus and working with apps which have working focus handling
>> which is not the case in KMail currently.
>
>You seem to be advocating Outlook express like navigation/selection. I don't
>like this style and I'm going to try and explain why. However I'm not trying
>to force my personal preferences on other people, and if people want normal
>(MS style) focus handling just say so. (Or in Reggie's case please reconfirm)

I think, if the focus is on the message view (HTML view), of course arrow
up/down work on this and things like N, P, +, - for navigating through messages
is fine. BUTTT(tm) if I click onto the header listview or tab into it I _want_
to have the focus there and arrow up/down, etc. should work as expected. Same
for folder list.

--
Reggie (reggie@troll.no)