List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Deleting messages?
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-02-18 3:21:05

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Robert D. Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

> > > However, if he is right (what I assume), then the compacting of folders
> > > is broken.
> >
> > It does appear to be broken in 1.0.28.
> > 	John
>
> Also with 1.1.35.   What is compact suppose to do?  Does it remove messages
> that have been deleted with 'd'?  If that is the case it does not work for
> me...
>
> The remove context option is great, but I like to keep some messages.

I don't delete messages very often so I haven't tested compact too thoroughly.
There is some weird stuff going on with auto-compaction on exit. You can see
where I started to debug it in:

kmfolder.cpp-  if (access(location(), F_OK) == 0) {
kmfolder.cpp:    debug("KMFolder::create call to access function failed.");
kmfolder.cpp-    return EEXIST;
kmfolder.cpp-  }

The call to the access function is failing sometimes, I couldn't work out why.

BTW In case anyone is interested I been testing my background downloading of
message code for a few days now, it's seem to be working pretty well, no
blocking at all and leaving mail on the server and only retrieving new messages
is very quick. I have broken the interval mail checking code though so I'm
going to have to fix that up. (Maybe i'll do it tonight).

Still a bit early to check it in.

BFN,
Don.