List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kmail pgp
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2000-02-14 7:44:48

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> Can anybody help him?
> I am no pgp user.

> Subject: kmail pgp
> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:09:18 -0800
> From: Greg Webster <greg@gadgeteer.net>
> To: taferner@kde.org
>

> Just a quick question (I've searched all over the place for the
> answer to this without success...you are my last resport).
>
> In kmail, where does the program look for recipients public pgp keys?
> By default my pgp installed in ~/.pgp, but when I attempt to send a
> message to any of the people whose public keys I have, I get an
> error: Could not find the public key for recipients of this mail.
> Message will not be encrypted.
>
> I've checked everything I can think of...pgp works fine on the
> command line, but kmail refuses to access it.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Greg

Hi Greg,

I suppose, you use pgp 6.x with a kmail version not supporting this pgp
version. At least I had the problem you described above, when I started my
first steps with pgp.

But it's just a guess. To make sure that I'm not wrong, please tell me what pgp
and kmail version you are using. Then I could certainly help you.

If you are not subscribed to kmail@kde.org, we can discuss your problem via my
private mail account: a.gungl@gmx.de

Kind regards
Andreas