List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail, Kontact, & KlamAV
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-25 11:07:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[The kdepim-users mailing list is better suited for user questions.]

On Saturday 24 May 2008, Daniel L McGrew wrote:
> I've setup my email in kmail before and it sends and receives
> great... I even sent a test message to double-check it...
> However, after a few days it starts giving me an error message... it
> says, "Sending Failed: Your SMTP server does not support PLAIN.
> Choose a different authentication method. The server responded:
> "Incorrect authentication data"
>
> I'm not certain about it, but it seems like this happens after I
> setup KlamAV and click the 'Configure Automatically' button... I
> chose kmail in the drop down and made certain that kmail was
> completely closed before clicking the button...
>
> I can log into my server directly, via webmail. So, I know for a fact
> that the username and password are 100% correct...
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why it would do this???
> I did look on the clamav website and haven't been able to find
> anything about it...

I have no idea what the automatic configuration of KlamAV does so all I
can do is ask general questions.

What happens if you re-run "Check what the server supports" on the
Security tab of the configuration dialog of your SMTP account? Does
switching to another authentication method like LOGIN help?

Regards,
Ingo