List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    KMail, Kontact, & KlamAV
From:       Daniel L McGrew <momix () mcgrew-fam ! net>
Date:       2008-05-24 16:57:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I've setup my email in kmail before and it sends and receives great... I even
sent a test message to double-check it...
However, after a few days it starts giving me an error message... it says,
"Sending Failed: Your SMTP server does not support PLAIN. Choose a different
authentication method. The server responded: "Incorrect authentication data"

I'm not certain about it, but it seems like this happens after I setup KlamAV
and click the 'Configure Automatically' button... I chose kmail in the drop
down and made certain that kmail was completely closed before clicking the
button...

I can log into my server directly, via webmail. So, I know for a fact that the
username and password are 100% correct...

Does anyone have any ideas why it would do this???
I did look on the clamav website and haven't been able to find anything about
it...

--
Daniel L. McGrew, AAS, BIT, MIT
USAFRes Retired \ 30% Disabled Vet

Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious,
never boastful   or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude.
Love does not demand its own   way. It is not irritable or
touchy. It does not hold grudges and will   hardly even
notice when other do it wrong. It is never glad about
injustice, but rejoiced whenever truth wins out. If you
love someone you   will be loyal to him no matter what the
cost. You will always believe in   him, always expect the
best of him, and always stand your ground in   defending him. All the special
gifts and powers from God will someday
  come to an end, but love goes on forever. There are
three things that   remain-----faith, hope, and love-----
and the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:4 - 8, 13
The greatest ........ is LOVE.